Sunday, April 18, 2010

Lou Gehrig Sports Figure


Gehrig
Originally uploaded by Jumper48
Last night we were out and about and my wife needed to stop by Wal-Mart for some things. Normally I will hit the card racks and grab up a pack or two to keep me satisfied for a while, but the kids wanted to look at toys first. As I wandered the aisles I noticed a McFarlane’s Sportspick Babe Ruth Cooperstown Collection figure on a peg. I am not a collector of the sports action figures but I like to see what is out there so I started to take a look.

Regular readers will know that I am a fan of Lou Gehrig and I was surprised to see a Gehrig figure sitting on the back of the peg behind a bunch of Babe Ruth, Joe Morgan and Thurman Munson figures. I tossed it in the cart and my daughter played with it as we went through the store. When we got home I noticed that the coloring seemed odd and pointed it out to my wife. Turns out I grabbed a limited edition Sepia Tone paint job piece limited to 1500 total pieces. When did they start creating inserts for action figures?

No comments:

Post a Comment