Thursday, June 17, 2010

2010 Topps Series 2 Baseball Packs

I opened up a couple of 2010 Topps Series 2 Baseball packs last night, I did not pull any base cards worth talking about besides the Mariner’s Franchise History card but I can say that I pulled some inserts that made up for that.

A Vintage Legends 1955 Topps Reggie Jackson was a nice pull, I am a Reggie fan and seeing him on this awesome design, originally released 12 years before Reggie made his first appearance for the Athletics, made me happy. I like the 1955 Topps and I think this card does the original design justice. I also pulled a Tris Speaker 1981 Topps design and a Cy Young 1987 Topps design, neither one was as impressive as the 1955 Reggie Jackson. I may even go out on a limb and say I hated the 1987 Cy Young card, the wooden borders were a horrible idea from the get go in 1987 and should never be forced on the collectors ever again.

From the Cards Your Mom Threw Out set comes a 1953 Topps Mickey Mantle, enough said. I also pulled a 1992 Topps Ripken; I actually have the original card somewhere in my collection so I guess my Mom never threw it out.

I got 2 Turkey Reds, BJ Upton and Dustin Pedroia. Being a vintage collector I always liked the Turkey Reds. Topps has done a decent job with these in recent years and they continue that tradition.

The best pull of the night for me is the 2020 Justin Upton. I really like the set but only as an insert, I don’t think this should ever be made a base set design. This is just one of those “I Wonder” type of inserts, something different to draw in the collectors. What makes this even cooler is that out of the 20-card checklist for the 2020 Topps, Justin Upton is the perfect pull for me because he plays for my second favorite team, and not to mention the local team, the Arizona Diamondbacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment