Saturday, September 1, 2012

Random Rack Pack: 2012 Topps Chrome Baseball


I recently picked up a rack pack of 2012 Topps Chrome baseball, along with a couple of other recent releases, so I can take a hands on look. The rack pack came with three packs and three orange retail exclusive cards.
 
I was happy to pull a Diamondback, Justin Upton, and a double shot of young Mariners, Dustin Ackley and Kyle Seager. The Mariners may be sitting in the basement of the AL West again but with a solid group of youngsters on the roster it may not be too long before we see the M’s proving to be a contender again, we may even see a .500+ team by the end of season for the first time since 2009.
 
 
With the Orange refractors I pulled a trio of pitchers. I have always liked David Price and besides last year he has been a solid pitcher on a Tampa team that seems to have found their stride over the past few years. I still have high hopes for him before his career is over. Kimbrel is a pretty good closer and he is still young but when it comes to cards pulling a closer is only slightly better than pulling a middle reliever. Anibal Sanchez, OK I really cannot find much of an upside for him. He began the season one win over .500 (he is currently 3 wins under now) and after a crappy start in Miami he has become even more craptastic since his trade to Detroit.
 
 
A Jake Peavy X-Fractor
 
 
And I close out with a couple of refractors of two ex-Red Sox
 
 
I can sum up the experience with a single word… meh

I will stick with Bowman Platinum; I am addicted to that stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment