Friday, August 16, 2013

Random Blaster Box: 2013 Bowman Football


I picked up a jumbo pack of 2013 Bowman Football and I like the cards so I picked up a blaster box a couple of days later. The jumbo packs come with 16 cards and to my surprise I pulled a Donald Monroe Collegiate autograph.
 
I really like the base card design, nice focus on the player with an interesting border in team colors. I actually feel that this would have been the ideal design for the die-cut cards but Topps actually changed the borders for the die-cut cards. The rookie card design is similar but a bit simpler. There are quite a few parallels along with foil refractors and ice foil refractors. Most of the parallels are numbered too.
 
I came up pretty dry with the vets, only Richard Sherman from the Seahawks and University of Arizona product Nick Foles.
 
This year’s rookie class, at this time, seems pretty thin in the skilled positions but I pulled a couple of players who may make it to the field this year plus a couple of Seahawks rookies with Harper and Williams and Cardinals rookie Ellington.
 
Beginning with the Purple parallels, I pulled four total. Rookies Barner, Sorensen, Lattimore and vet Jeremy Kerley. One thing that stood out to me is that Kerley’s card is a lighter color of purple compared to the rookie cards. I pulled a Philip Lutzenkirchen Purple Rainbow Foil card too.

 
Next up is a Jonathan Hankins Gold parallel card #/399 and a Colin Kaepernick Gold Rainbow Foil card #/75
 
 
Then a Jake Locker Blue Rainbow Foil card #/99
My final parallel is this Le’Veon Bell Green Ice #/50
I closed out my break with a Donald Monroe NFLPA Collegiate on-card autograph
 

No comments:

Post a Comment