Monday, September 23, 2013

Superman Kicks Some Alien Asses


I have not read comics book regularly in probably a good 30+ years but every so often when book draws my interest I will pick it up to read.
 
Superman: War of the Worlds is one of those books that got my attention. It was released in 1999, I am not sure how it alluded my attention for so long. I have actually had it on my list for a year or so but just never grabbed a copy until the other day.
 
I am a fan of H.G. Wells’ War of the Worlds, if you have a chance I suggest reading it, you can actually get a free Kindle version on Amazon. If you are not the reading type, listen to Orson Welles’ 1938 radio broadcast, you can listen to it on Youtube. I would say skip the 2005 Tom Cruise movie and run from the 2005 C. Thomas Howell movie.
 
I love the idea of mixing Superman with a Martian invasion and the cool thing about the book is that Superman does not have the super powers of his modern day counterpart. His being partially mortal plays a role in the storyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment