Monday, August 25, 2014

Up Up And Away...


 


Yesterday the Action Comics #1 auction that I talked about last week ended at an unheard of $3,207,852 after 48 bids. This tops the previous high of $2.161 million for a slightly lower graded (CGC 9.0 but without white pages) Action Comics #1 that sold in 2011. This auction has brought about a number of sellers who are using the national attention to sell their copies of Action Comics #1, original and reprints, as well as a couple of unscrupulous people looking to profit on buyers caught up in the frenzy.

1 comment:

  1. I was watching this auction somewhat closely. I thought it would go over $2 million, but didn't anticipate that it would go over $3 million. I can't even fathom that kind of money. I did see a few auctions featuring reprints shadily-worded to create ambiguity about what was actually being sold, like the seller was hoping for a couple of suckers to think they were bidding on the real deal.

    ReplyDelete