Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Maybe Hold Up On The Auction


One of my goals last year was to cut down on the impulse card purchases, and I have done pretty well too, though occasionally a card catches my eye and I will pick it up. Last week I came across a cheap 2014 Topps Fire Ka’Deem Carey and I put in a bid and waited for the auction to end.

Normally I stick only with Carey’s University of Arizona cards but I think the Topps Fire cards are pretty cool and my bid was a whopping $0.25 so I figured it would be a decent addition to my collection if I won, which I did.

This auction got me thinking, at what point does it make no sense to even post up a card for auction? The auction started at $.05 and free shipping and after three bids ended at $.23 so in the end the seller lost money on the price of the stamp alone. It is difficult to comprehend why anyone would auction something knowing that they will be losing money.

No comments:

Post a Comment