Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Art Gallery: 2012 Cryptozoic The New 52 Superman


This month’s Art Gallery display comes from the 2012 Cryptozoic DC The New 52 release. The artist is Dietrich Smith, a comic book artist who has also worked with Topps and Upper Deck for various super hero sketch cards.

 This card was one of my “opportunity” purchases that I ended up buying because the price was right. My logic at the time was “You can’t go wrong with a Superman sketch”, which is pretty accurate but I was not on the lookout for a Superman sketch. These are the kind of purchases that I have vowed to eliminate since 2014 and I am still standing strong on that goal.

As far as Superman sketch cards go this is a nice piece, especially when you consider I spent less than $5 shipped.

1 comment: