Monday, October 5, 2015

The Eagles May Now Be The NFL Circus Team


For a couple of years I had written a What Could Go Wrong segment about the New York Jets quagmire, which I enjoyed because the Jets really were a circus with the poor decisions that were made by Coach Ryan and GM Idzik. Now that both Ryan and Idzik are gone and only QB Geno Smith remains, though not playing, and the Jets are a very respectable 3-1 losing only to the team that I have decided will be taking over the role as the cluster f#ck team of my new series of What Could Go Wrong, the Eagles.

Now I turn my attention to the 1-3 Eagles. After Chip Kelly was named Head of Player Personnel following last season people, both for and against Kelly, were waiting to see what he would do. There is no question he turned the University of Oregon in to a perennial winner but there is still the question whether that will translate over to the NFL.

After a number of offseason player changes it does not seem that things are going in the right direction.

He released some solid players, traded away a good QB for an average QB and signed DeMarco Murray but is not utilizing him. Depending on how the season goes I may make the Eagles my What Could Go Wrong team.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the Redskins had that title until the 2020 season?

    ReplyDelete