Monday, October 12, 2015

TTM Success

After having some luck with TTM autograph requests this year I decided to continue with some of my favorite actors and this includes Mel Brooks.

I was first introduced to Mel Brooks when my parents took us to see History Of The World: Part I in the theater. Sure the movie was a bit over my 9-year old head but the jokes that I did get made me laugh and created a Mel Brooks fan for life. Over the years with movies like Spaceballs and Robin Hood: Men In Tights I began to appreciate Mel's humor and looked back to his older movies like Blazing Saddles and shorts like The 2000 Year Old Man.

I came across a TTM autograph website and saw that Mr. Brooks does respond to autograph requests but that it is usually in the form of an 8x10 but I took a chance and created 3 custom cards (including the backs) similar to the Randy Couture card that I got back signed not long ago. These are the digital versions of the cards I sent.




I sent the cards and waited, it took about 3 weeks and I got a large envelope from Brooksfilms and honestly did not put it together in my mind until I opened it. Inside was a black and white signed 8x10 along with a business envelope. Inside the business envelope was my SASE and three cards, which were not signed.

I love the photo, I am a bit bummed because I would have loved to have his signature on the cards and be able to put them in to a binder but the photo is hanging prominently in my workspace near my Dalai Lama signature.

2 comments:

  1. That is a big time name to get an autograph from. I too have wanted to try sending out requests to some actors and actresses but I just haven't got around to it. I do think this post of yours will finally inspire me to start trying though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you couldn't get some ink on those sweet customs, but the 8x10 ain't bad!

    ReplyDelete