Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Batman= 1: Batman + Robin= 2


 
Last year when I began organizing my collection I made the decision to cut out impulse purchases as best I can. It can be a chore sometimes when you find an insert or set that is really interesting but if I have no interest in the set otherwise than I don’t want to waste money on a card I will just sell in a couple of months when I question why I bought it in the first place. I do occasionally break the rules when it comes to cards that just grab me and drag me in making not buying them seem like a sin.

I picked up two cards from the 1995 Batman Forever release, specifically the Gold Blaster inserts. I was not a fan of the Batman Forever movie, I could not get in to Val Kilmer as Batman after watching Michael Keaton rock the first two movies, but these Gold Blaster cards are defiantly worth paying attention to. There are 10 cards in the insert set but these are the only two that I like, the rest include Two Face, the Riddler and mixtures of close ups, and they are relatively cheap so I was happy to add them to my super hero collection.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man those are really cool. I may have to divert from my Animated Batman collection and go after those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man those are really cool. I may have to divert from my Animated Batman collection and go after those.

    ReplyDelete