Monday, March 21, 2016

The Art Gallery: 2015 Island Dreams Dark Side Of The Island Zombies


This month’s Art Gallery display comes from Dan Gorman a graphic artist who has worked in the comic industry for a while and has sketch cards included in many of the major releases like Topps, Upper Deck, Rittenhouse, Cryptozoic, Leaf and a number of smaller card companies too.   

This specific card is from 2015 Island Dreams Dark Side Of The Island and is a group of zombies emerging from the water. This is part of my recent zombie phase that I have been in and I knew I had to have it.

I am a big fan of the Island Dreams sets, each year the set is based on a theme and the sketch artists are allowed to freely interpret the theme themselves. In 2015 the theme was "Dark Side Of the Island" so there were plenty of monsters, voodoo, witch doctors, etc. The 2016 theme is "Girls of the Island" so expect lots of girls in bikinis, some sketch card subject matter that you will find on previous Island Dreams sketch cards include pirates, sea creatures, super heroes, surfers and a special theme last year was "Prohibition Pretties". They have even included treasure cards which contain a coin from a sunken treasure find.

Some day I have been working on some sketch cards hoping to better my talent, I would like to submit some portfolio pieces in hopes of becoming an artist for one of their future sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment