Monday, August 15, 2016

R.I.P. Kenny Baker


I know this probably didn’t show up on a lot of people’s radar but last Saturday the actor Kenny Baker passed away at the age of 81-years old. He passed away in his sleep and no official reason has been announced but his nephew, who was his caretaker, did state that his lung problems were getting worse and he believed that was a contributing factor.

His most popular role has been as R2-D2, appearing in the first 6 Star Wars movies and working as a consultant on Episode VII- The Force Awakens, he had roles in some of the best movies of the 1980s (not always the best roles); Flash Gordon, The Elephant Man, Time Bandits, Amadeus, Labyrinth and Willow. Knowing that he will no longer be connected to the Star Wars franchise will be saddening but knowing that he brought so many smiles to multiple generations will always leave me with a good feeling in my heart.

Topps released an In Memoriam card through the Star Wars Trader, I wish they would have done it using the Topps Now outlet. I have the digital card but I would much rather have a card in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment