Tuesday, September 6, 2016

The Ichiro Count


I have been a fan of Ichiro since he stepped on to the grass at Safeco Field but prices for his cards started out high and have remained there throughout his career in the U.S. and now that he hit the magical 3,000 hits (In MLB) prices for his cards are climbing. I have been uncertain about collecting his cards, I already have my Griffey collection and I would rather spend my time and money on his cards instead of working on a whole new collection. So I have decided to instead so with a mini-PC, probably around 100 cards. Getting a trifecta is going to be quite difficult because his autographs are still exceptionally high so I am just aiming for a relic for now, I already have his 2001 Topps rookie card.
 
In the meantime, here are some recent pickups. I want to stick to unusual cards when possible along with some Japanese cards. I am currently at 31 unique Ichiro cards.

2007 Topps Chrome #158

2008 Topps Trading Card History #TCHC 19

2011 Bowman Chrome #351


2 comments:

  1. Corky, I will be updating my Ichiro bibder next month. I may some extras (usually do) so stay in touch if want to work a trade.

    ReplyDelete