Friday, January 13, 2017

LA Is Now The Owner Of Two NFL Teams...Again

*EDIT: Last night I created these mockup helmets, both the Navy & White and the original Chargers colors but I scheduled it to post this morning at 9am local time (8am in LA) because I already posted yesterday and today 4 hours after my post went live the Chargers updated their logo to using the original Chargers colors.

I know that the idea of using the colors was not just my idea but I was the first to post it before even the Chargers posted. Remember, you saw it here first LOL
It is official, the Chargers are moving to Los Angeles after 55 years in San Diego. It is kind of a return for the Chargers who began their franchise as the LA Chargers in 1960 before moving to San Diego in 1961. The team will eventually share a stadium with the Rams in Inglewood, which is scheduled to be finished in 2019 so for the next two years they will play at the StubHub Center in Carson.
 
Last year after the NFL’s plan was announced about the Rams, Raiders and Chargers relocation fiasco I had done a mockup of what the Charger’s new helmets may look like using a similar font to what the Chargers used but with their announcement they included the new LA Chargers logo and it appears that they intend to do some re-branding with the new logo appearing to be similar to the Dodgers logo and color scheme so I created a new mockup using the logo released yesterday. I figured they would use the blue as the primary color and have the facemasks with the secondary white.

There is an NFL rule that dictates how and when visual changes can be made and the new logo will not appear on uniforms/helmets just yet, the Chargers will continue to use the same uniforms that they have been wearing so this is just something I did for fun.
 
I made a plain helmet (Above) plus two more with stripe variations below:  Single white stripe (Top) and Double white stripe (Bottom)
 
 
 

 
To get an idea of what it would look like if they had kept the San Diego team colors:



No comments:

Post a Comment