Wednesday, August 16, 2017

A Welcome Care Package


I just received a care package from Jon from A Penny Sleeve For Your Thoughts, which I very much so appreciate. He was wondering how I was doing and sent some cards and a DVD too.

The DVD is from the 2007 Season Ticket Holder package and includes highlights from the team’s 30-year history. It was narrated by Dave Niehaus, the voice of the Mariners from 1977 until his death in 2010, and just hearing his voice brought back some wonderful memories of watching baseball over the years. A lot of happy memories.
New additions to my Steve Kerr collection, Sonics collection and Mariners’ collections. There were more cards sent but I only scanned about half of the cards.
I have been working on my Edgar mini-pc and now I have my first Edgar relic card.

The Mariners just retried Edgar Martinez's number and in conjunction with the ceremony they did an Edgar Martinez bobble head SGA and his bat has a light on it that works. I am not a bobble head collector and have picked up only a couple of Griffey SGAs but I do plan on picking up one of the Edgar Lights Out bobble heads when they drop down to realistic prices.

The last two cards are a Buhner and Edgar 1999 Upper Deck Black Diamond Triple Diamond #/1500. I had the Buhner card on my wants list so that is a number card off the list. I haven’t built an Edgar want list yet, I am making some changes in my collection so I do plan to create one eventually.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever been able to contribute a "first" to someone's collection before, so that was pretty neat to be able to do. And I'm glad to hear I was able to unknowingly remove a Buhner from your list.

    I'm not that into bobble heads either, but I will be looking forward to the future post in which you show off your newest night light :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bobblehead is fantastic! I've always admired Edgar's bat. I recently picked up a pair of his cards for my collection. Hopefully you bat relic is correct and he's Bound for the Hall.

    ReplyDelete