Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Jon Jones Finds Himself In A Familiar Predicament



The UFC just confirmed that Jon Jones sample submitted the day before his fight against Daniel Cormier tested positive for the steroid Turinabol and he may be looking at a ban of four years since he has had prior positive tests that led to a yearlong ban.

Obviously everything will be verified before UFC makes a statement but if the test is correct and he was using steroids he will definitely be stripped of the Light-Heavyweight title that he just won from Cormier less than a month ago and will receive a multi-year ban.

Jon Jones is considered, pound for pound, to be one of the nest fighters ever and was looking forward to the possibility of a super fight versus Brock Lesnar but at this point everything that he has worked for has been tarnished.

Even with just the announcement you can expect the prices of his cards to dip and if he does get suspended you can assume that his career is over and prices for his cards will drop dramatically. I don’t own this 2010 Leaf MMA autograph card, but it has been one of my favorites of his autographs and if it drops down to a couple of bucks I would pick one up.


2 comments:

  1. That fight was pretty awesome. Shame it might be his last. Both him and Cormier are two of my favorite fighters. Blowout had this autograph for $8 (might have been lower at some point). I grabbed one for my collection. Tarnished or not... Jones' signature is worth that in my book. The guy is a legend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way. He is a natural and it saddens me that he felt he needed an edge when he has proven he is very talented without steroids.

      Delete