Thursday, August 17, 2017

Time For A Griffey Update


I reached another milestone in my Ken Griffey Jr. collection, I hit 1,300 unique cards when I picked up this 2001 Upper Deck Vintage base card a couple of weeks ago. With each one of my eBay sale I have left a bit in my Paypal account which I have used to hunt down very cheap base cards for my Griffey collection so I have been adding a couple of cards here and there.

In January 2014 is when I began to focus on my Griffey collection after adding my collection to Zistle and realized I was calling myself a Griffey collection but I only had 92 unique cards in my collection. Here is how the growth of my Griffey collection has gone since January of 2014:

January 2014 I was at 92 unique cards

January 2015 I was at 291 unique cards

January 2016 I was at 552 unique cards

January 2017 I was at 1,255 unique cards

This year has been slow going and about half of the 45 cards that I have picked up this year have come from trades with many of the rest being under $1 purchases but that is ok. Not every pickup can be a major find, I am glad to have a .35 cent card as much as a $200 card, it is all part of collecting one of the best players of our generation.

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way, every small pickup and new add is just as important as a big one. I think you are still ahead of me overall by quite a bit. I no longer have doubles or I would send them your way . I unloaded mine in the Griffey box

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Griffey box never made it my way, I am bummed about that. I have been setting aside cards to add to the box for awhile.

      Delete
  2. Damn... that's a lot of Griffeys. 2016 was a huge year for your Griffey collection. The closest thing in my collection would be my Gwynn PC... but I'm pretty sure I'm still in the hundreds.

    ReplyDelete