Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Winners Of My 2000 Post Contest

EDIT- Tom/The Angels In Order has selected the 1993 Ted Williams Buck Leonard autograph with the 1st pick

Captain Canuck has selected the Dave Prowse Darth Vader autograph with the 2nd pick.

I don't have Brett Alan's email address to contact him for the #3 pick, if anyone has it or if Brett sees this please send me an email using the link in the right column.


The prize winners have been selected and now is time for the draft. I have decided to include a total of 6 prizes, the first 4 I have already posted but I am adding a 2009-10 Panini National Treasures George Mikan Cyan Printing Plate and a “Door #3” prize, which is unknown.

The way that this draft will work is after I post the winners and the prizes the winners will be able to select which prize they would like. So, the first winner will select their prize, the second winner will select their prize from the remaining pool, winner three will select their prize from the remaining pools, winner four, five and six will continue the process. 


Now on to the winners:
First pick winner:
The Angels In Order (Sorry, I accidently called you Angels in the Outfield in the video)

Second pick winner:
Captain Canuck

Third pick winner:
Brett Alan

Fourth pick winner:
JediJeff

Fifth pick winner:
Matt from Diamond Jesters

Sixth pick winner:
Richard Nebe Jr.



The four remaining prizes:
1982 Fleer Cal Ripken Jr. rookie card

2004 Topps All-Time Fan Favorite Monte Irvin
2009-10 Panini National Treasures George Mikan Cyan Printing Plate


Door #3 prize- This prize is unknown but will include at least 2 cards, may be autographs, relics, vintage, rookie cards, non-sports or other. The cards will be collectible (so no base cards, dupes or a dump of junk wax), but other than that you will have to be a gambler to find out. 
 I will reach out to each of the winners to let them know that they have won and we will then begin the draft. Once all winners have made their selection and I have gotten their address I will mail out the card in bubble mailers over the next week,

6 comments:

  1. Congrats to all the winners.

    Door prize lady looks so shocked to see Darth Vader above her. That's because she didn't know who David Prowse is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo!

    I know what my first choice is, but depending on the first two picks I could have an interesting decision. Which may or may not be influenced by the fact that the guy picking next appears to be an even bigger Star Wars fan than I. B^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Email sent. Let me know if you didn't receive it. (My screen name, with no spaces, at Gmail.)

      I chose the Monte Irvin autograph. Thanks and congrats on 2000 posts.

      Delete
  3. Sweet! It's really hard to go wrong with those prizes! Thanks for running the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the winners. My buddy just told me that this is David Prowse's last year of signing at conventions (lol... don't hold me to that), so that Vader would be a sweet pick up.

    ReplyDelete