Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Wallet Card #7 Without The Card For Safety Resons


Yesterday the fire department was doing controlled burns outside of town and there was smoke in the air which left some people concerned not knowing about the controlled burns. Which reminded me that I had some photos on my phone that I had taken two weeks ago when I was traveling through the burn zone of the Goodwin fire. It has now been almost 3 months since the fire and we had a significant amount of rain between mid-July to early-September and it is amazing to see how the area has already begun re-growing rapidly, which led to the controlled burns.

These pictures are from the main area of the fire and while you can still see the burned trees and bushes you can see how quickly the prairie grass and some of the smaller bushes have really flourished.

I was going to make these wallet card pictures but I didn’t want to hold the card outside the window to take the pictures while we were moving.



No comments:

Post a Comment