Thursday, May 3, 2018

Ichiro's Future In The Mariners' Front Office


There was an odd turn of events when the Mariners announced this morning that Ichiro was being released. He is batting .205 with nine hits in 44 at bats, so he has shown signs of slowing down a bit and I think that people were expecting him to announce his retirement some time this season, but this was kind of unexpected. But the Mariners also announced that Ichiro will be taking on a position in the Mariners’ front office, so he will be remaining with the organization.

Some reporters pointed out that nowhere in the announcement does it say that Ichiro is retiring so this doesn’t mean that he is done playing so we will have to wait and see.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, it is weird....we'll see where it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know aging can be a butt kicker, but I was hoping to watch him play a bit longer. I only have 3 PCs, Ernie, Ozzie, and Ichiro. Them's my boys. I wish him all the best where ever he finds himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super confusing situation. Feels like that girl who says she wants to break up... but keeps calling and coming over. Is he retired? Is he taking a break? I love my boy Ichiro... but I wish he'd just decide.

    ReplyDelete